Why consider stretch hood technology for your end-of-line palletising process?
Introduced in the late 1980s, the stretch-hooding method of pallet packaging provides benefits with respect to operating costs, speed, reliability, sustainability, and distribution chain performance. Stretch Hooding is rapidly becoming the chosen packaging method for many industries.
Important factors which make Stretch Hooding very efficient in the packaging of palletised goods are:
• Transport security – anti-theft protection
• Displayed characteristics of the packaged goods
• Weatherproofing for outside storage and transport. The goods are highly protected against environmental impacts such as snow, rain, UV radiation, dust and insects.
The hood is formed from gusseted tubing, and the height of the pallet load is measured automatically as the pallet enters the machine—ensuring that only the amount of film required for the application is precisely dispensed. Among other operating benefits, energy consumption is low since the film is not heated, and available servo drive technology further reduces energy and maintenance costs
• Waterproofing and dust proofing of the load for outdoor storage and transport
• Greater load stability by vertical, transversal and longitudinal stretch
• Capable of creating OPEN TOP (Band) or CLOSED TOP (Hood)
• Lower material and energy costs
• Suitable for AGV or automated high-rack systems
• Only 1 single layer of material covers the 4 or 5 sides of the load
• Possibility to run with transparent or coloured film, or film with printed logo / images for marketing and product identification and branding
• Option to run perforated film
• Easy removal of packaging for end user
• No expensive heat shrinking
• Long lasting tubular reel film with reduced operator intervention and stoppages
• No need for a pack lifting device. Eliminating a pack lifter not only reduces the capital expenditure, but also allows the hooding machine to run at maximum capacity