Sika Limited, the UK subsidiary of the worldwide Sika Group which was established in 1927 and produces and markets a wide range of state-of-the-art systems, contacted RMGroups’ Sales team with their requirements to supply a fully automated system that would be capable of palletising and stretch wrapping buckets.
Sika business is aligned in seven target markets: Concreting, waterproofing, roofing, sealing and bonding, refurbishment and industry. As a Company that develops solutions that make future-orientated “top notch” quality construction doable. This was a challenge that RMGroup were keen to take on. The product brief was to supply, install and commission an automatic palletising and pallet wrapping system for the product. The system was to include the following specified formats:
- Bucket receiving / infeed conveyors with accumulation and marshalling facility
- Robot palletiser with multi head for product, empty pallets and base card
- Pallet jigs for floor stacking of empty pallets and base cards
- Automatic pallet wrapper for spiral stretch wrap of pallet
- Conveyor system to convey loaded pallets to wrapper and through wall to offload position
- Full safety guarding system to include mesh guards, light guards and access gates
- Control panels with operator interface
RMGroup provided a bucket handling system which presented the buckets to the robot palletiser, the robot palletised the buckets into a selected format. Which then automatically fed into a stretch wrapper and automatically discharged to a pallet handling system.
As with every project challenges are faced and met. The buckets needed to be handled and stacked very precisely on the pallet. The robot needed to work in very tight tolerances to ensure the stability of the completed stack.
Another really successful project reducing manual handling and improving reliability.